Monday, September 14, 2009

Hey Hey Hey

Well, I decided that even though the fatness continues, I can still put WAY more effort into my appearance. I'm going to be the best fatty I can be. To wit: I have purchased (from Target) and implemented Crest Whitestrips AND a fancy Olay skincare regimen. Perhaps my shiny head will distract others from the hot mess below. I have noticed that using the Whitestrips interrupts key gorging times during my day, so this helps somewhat. Maybe I'll just continue using them until my teeth are radioactive, and I can fit into my college jeans. I also got my hair cut, but I'm not sure it was actually an improvement. But, they massaged my head, so it's totally worth it. From Kohl's, I have purchased a handful of items that actually fit me (don't even ask the size- I could puke). Kohl's, I tell you. Swank! As this shopping spree took place the evening before our season-opening game, most of my new garments are "burnt orange". Now, this is not a color one normally stumbles across outside of the UT coop store, so I am enjoying the feeling that not only am I school spirited, but I am also (accidentally) actually wearing a current color. Oh, you know, it's in all the fall lines... Chaps, Dana Buchman, Sonoma. It's white hot.

In hormonal news, I only really had that one wretched day, so maybe this pill will work out after all. Anyway, it's an improvement. I'm hoping that if I feel more positive overall, I might actually be motivated to make some sort of real change. Oh- I did switch from coffee creamer to 1% though. Look out Nicole Ritchie. I saw in the Target ad that M&Ms are on sale. Cute, holiday-themed discount chocolate. Damn them! I must resist!

And here's a little nugget just for fun: All 3 kids have diarrhea. Little J started Thursday, and the fun just keeps on comin'. Nothing says "brand new me" like being up to your elbows in poop.

2 comments:

  1. Alright, pony up on the fancy Olay skin care regimen. Does everyone have a regimen but me? Sigh. There are just too many options. Lemme know how that goes, m'kay?
    And yay for new clothes, but burnt orange? You know how I feel about that.
    For me the jury is still out on the nuva ring.
    And peanut holiday M&Ms are fine. They have PROTEIN, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, luv those whitestrips. Just don't go Ross day glow white teeth on us.
    If it makes you feel any better of the 8 pounds that just fell off when I gave up sugar, well, 5 of those are back. Funny how that works, eh, especially considering I ate three cookies yesterday from Panera.
    Yay for new clothes--I'm so impressed with your shopping outing.

    ReplyDelete