Thursday, July 16, 2009

Emmy-nominated Jim Parsons


Whenever he's mentioned from here on out, that's what he'll be. I'm so proud, I could puke. And could he have looked more excited? I loved watching that moment with him. For those of you who don't know him, I'm pleased to report that as odd/anti-social/rude as Sheldon is, Jim is the polar opposite. Warm, funny and just all-around fantastic. For example? How many calls and emails must he have gotten today, but he still took the time out to return mine. Love him. Then again, I knew I was backing a winner when we were 9 years old. Congratulations sweet friend, and I can't wait to see you kick Alec Baldwin's ass.

Not on topic, I know, but I just had to send my excitement out into the blogosphere. Naturally, yes, I am still quite portly. If I suddenly become svelte, I will be sure to let you know.

The pic is from the last time I saw him in person, 2 and a half years ago (poor). He was still in New York then, and was always good about meeting me at Grand Central (at the clock, natch), because I'm a big baby about New York, and refuse to venture out unassisted. Look how little Miss E is! Anyway, I'm sure he'll invite me to all the glamorous Emmy afterparties, since a visit is so overdue. Hmm.... what to wear...

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATS to Jim! I know you must be excited- I was excited when I saw it that your friend had been nominated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE him. Love. Him. I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are practically famous for knowing him! That is so cool. Must.check.out.his.show!

    ReplyDelete