Monday, August 10, 2009

God is great

ThankyouGodthankyouGodthankyouGod... etc. Mama is still cancer-free. Aaaaaaaaaaaah. Just releasing the breath I've been holding for about a month. So yeah, brain mets would have been bad news indeed, but we are in the clear- her onc says it's just the clots from her TIAs, caused by her mitral valve repair.

I'd been having this wierd, robot response to the situation: (monotone)This will not happen. This will not happen. I just couldn't go there again unless I absolutely had to. My mom makes me completely insane, calls my abdomen a poochie, and has all sorts of mom-flaws, but she is also my perfect, irreplaceable, can't-do-without mother, and I'm so, so grateful that she's well. Thank you, Lord. God is great.

4 comments:

  1. God is great! She has been in my prayers. For as crazy as they make us, our moms are still OUR MOMS. And we need them around. So happy to hear the good news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoorraaaaay!!!! Sometimes, things actually work out right? I've been thinking so much about you and your Mom and I'm so glad she's going to be ok. She wouldn't be your mom if she didn't make you crazy, so here's to twenty more years of driving you insane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to hear your mom is okay! I can not STAND my mother most of the time, so I totally understand where you are coming from!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew! Megan, I'm so relieved to hear the good news about your mom. We have so much to be thankful for. Praise God for the great news and a virtual hug for you and your mom. ((HUGS!)) Love, Apryl

    ReplyDelete