Monday, August 31, 2009

Hey Ladeez

Okay, so- in an effort to re-energize and re-start, I'm updating my iPod (certainly the most proactive step toward weight loss). Somehow, most of the music I own falls into the Patti Griffin/Alison Kraus genre. Not exactly rump-shakin'. I need recs. I DO have some Justin Timberlake (naturally), but otherwise find myself browsing the iTunes store with a duuuhhhh kind of glazed-over expression.

On a similar note, Corbin and I were watching Entourage last Sunday, and the credit track was Straight Outta Compton. We had one of those eyes locked joyful moments of, "I love this song! Wait- you too?!? See, we ARE soul mates". Moreover, Corbin actually OWNED said N.W.A. tape at one time. This prompted many memories of unlikely music choices past. Such as... when getting ready to go out during college, Shauna and I always listened to the soundtrack to New Jack City. Because, you know, we are down like that. Now let me just say, I'm pretty much your garden variety white girl (see above reference to folk music), but my secret love for rap/r&b runs deep. Maybe it's the drill team girl in me. But I do tend to turn down the volume when pulling into a parking lot, in hopes of avoiding puzzled WTF looks from youngsters. But my iPod is my little secret, and I hope to fill it to the brim with explicit lyrics.

Also- my face is starting to slide off of my head and fold and crease in an unsightly manner. Anybody have restorative potions to suggest?

1 comment:

  1. I like Britney Spears (I know, I know)Justin Timberlake, and then some other random songs...No Doubt, Shakira...etc. I try to pick songs that make me want to dance!

    ReplyDelete