Monday, March 8, 2010

Artist in Residence

Okay, I think it might be time for a new scale. I weighed in at 180 this morning, but did I really lose 4 pounds during a week when I ate both pizza AND fried catfish? I'm thinking not. I re-did it like 50 times, but have decided to claim 181, just to hedge my bets. I do wish it would stop being rainy and/or cold so I can get out at night after the kids are asleep, and just walk and breathe and get out of my own head. On the other hand, American Idol is so much of a time suck right now. How will I manage it?

So, the artwork featured below is courtesy of Miss E. Is that my kitchen table, you ask? One of maybe three pieces of grown up furniture we have? Yep. I'm hoping that the day will come when I find this cute and amusing. Right now, not so much. At least her carving is in my honor. My mom's kitchen table has "I hate mysef" carved into it. That one is thanks to my sister Katie (mired in teen angst, she forgot the "l" in "myself"). I love that table.

Also included: rarely-seen-snow-in-Texas pics.




2 comments:

  1. First off, the snow pics are AMAZING. I am still bitter that I watched all that beautiful snow fall from my stinkin' office window, and it was all but gone by the time I got off of work. Hmph.

    And the carving cracked me up. I know, I know, NOT an ideal medium for your blossoming little artist.... And what Katie carved--that is priceless. Teenage angst, gotta love it. Can it be sanded out and re-stained? Or just get some cute placemats or a table runner and leave them out permanently to cover it up? Did you say to Ms. E: "Just wait until your father gets home!" I must know if those words flew out of your mouth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I did say that Daddy and I would come up with a punishment together, when he got home. I was so shocked and flustered, I couldn't come up with anything good on the fly. We settled on no sugary treats for one week- which my mom insists is too harsh. I mean, she really shouldn't have too much sugar anyway, so I say it's a win-win.

    ReplyDelete