Thursday, March 4, 2010

Health care is two words? Huh.

Well, after much more insurance company tomfoolery, we are back on track with baby J's speech therapy. However, said insurance company (jackasses) have given us only 20 visits per year. After that runs out, we'll have to cut back, or shell out $120 a week. I posted a rant about the jackasses on FB, and now all and sundry think I'm a communist (I heart nationalized health care, and I don't care who knows it). Oh, well.

In election news, I am looking forward to voting in a new governor. There was as issue of Texas Monthly recently with Rick Perry on the cover, and the title: The Next President? Shiver me timbers, I certainly hope not. My vote NEVER counts in my county, but I still like to pretend I'm contributing, particularly if my dude (usually) wins. Really, it just gets me called in for jury duty every 6 weeks, but whatever. Rock the vote- or is that too 1992?

So, I'm starting to get the feeling that if I start exercising regularly, my weight loss quest will improve. You don't say. To this end, I have begun accumulating much gear. Almost as important as exercising is the preparatory shopping, no? No. Also, gaining more mastery of the points system. Is it worth it to waste 2 points on 10 m&ms? Yes. Yes it is.

Okay, I keep rereading my post, checking for errors, so as not to enrage HP. Am I okay? Eek!

5 comments:

  1. I live in Canada and this would be covered, it may take you 6 months to a year to get in though!Although it has it's downfalls it would be crazy to have think about paying for something you NEED. I do think you are a communist, I sure am not. Medical or therapist typpe trips are exspensive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you know how I feel about insurance coverage for medical conditions. Even the Texas law states that IVF is covered if you have endometriosis (hello? stage IV here) but oh wait! employers can just opt out if they don't want to do it. So yeah, paying out of pocket for things that should be covered is ridiculous. And I see people every.single.day who do not give a rats about themselves, who never exercise, smoke, have out of control diabetes and their insurance will happily pay 100K for their CABG or MI treatment. It's not fair and it never will be with the crappy system we have. Although I don't think an overhaul is going to help us in particular, because infertility treatments will still be considered experimental and elective.

    Anyway, enough about me, about you guys--I hope there is a way around this and that you don't end up having to pay 120 a week. Sheesh.

    And Governor Goodhair better not even come close to the White House. I might have to move to another country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made it through my screening process, you can now relax! Lame attempt at humor.

    I have a picture of me and Rick---he was at an A&M game and stopped to visit my neighbor.

    Also, I LOVE shopping for exercise stuff, especially at Academy Sports.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you can get Easter Seals services now that he has a diagnosed problem with speech? Then they can step in once your 20 visits are up. I have our speech therapist's (from ECI) phone number- I think she is the head of speech so, lemme know if you want it. Insurance is ridiculous.

    Going on what LCIVF said, because you both will love this, we had a patient come in for his THIRD cath because he didn't get his Plavix. The first time, he was off his statins and other meds because he likes to smoke and drink and those meds were interfering with is lifestyle. The second time, he didn't fill the Plavix at all because he wanted to buy cigarettes instead. The third time, he got the free Plavix for 1 month, but didn't want to take the time or pay the money for the reduced cost Plavix through their assistance program. I'm not sure if I am 100% for nationalized healthcare (dunno what it would do to the nurses, pay, ratios, etc.) but I am all for no healthcare for dumbasses.

    Rick Perry was in the race we ran last year all dressed up. He called us the wrong superhero even though there were bats everywhere. That's another reason he should NOT be president- I don't know how smart he is.

    I need workout clothes. I have some super cute pants from Target I love, but other than that, everything else is old, old, old. Spill what you got missy! And if it's workout stuff (bands, etc.) lemme know how you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I came across your blog a few months ago, and somehow accidentally added you to my favorites list, and then became a reader. I've not read any blogs in a while and have been catching up tonight and I now know why I started reading!! It's a God thing! Your son sounds so much like my son in just the brief descriptions you have given here!! I did all the Autism testing as well, Asberger's, etc. You name it, we tested for it. Fast forward 6 years and a very long hard row of searching for answers and I have a 2nd grader who is dyslesix, has sensory integration dysfunction, ADD (that was undiagnosed due to the fact that he was never a discipline problem) and a kiddo with a very high IQ who is in the Gifted Program at his school. Sounds like you are in Texas so I know a lot about what the schools have to offer you beginning at age 3. If you ever want to talk or need more info, please feel free to contact me at keriscents@hotmail.com.

    Keri

    ReplyDelete