Sunday, April 5, 2009

Hollywood

Well, my Friday night dinner turned out to be Saturday, and on a date, no less! Corbin and I got to go on an actual dinner-and-movie date! Thanks, Nana. Anyway, we went for Mexican food (always a sensible choice). I steered clear of the chimichanga and cheese enchiladas, and went with a chicken gordita. It was made with grilled chicken, refried beans, and a reasonable amount of cheese. Not great, but not the worst thing on the menu. Also, Corbin assures me that the translation for gordita is "healthy, dietetic food item". Hmm, seems not quite right...

Reason of the day: Joel McHale. So, he is my celebrity crush. I don't care for the Brad Pitt or (God forbid) Vin Diesel types. I like 'em tall and skinny and wry. So anyway, here's how he figures in. If by some chance, I find myself sitting next to him in first class on a plane to NY, LA, or London (why would I be doing this? Well, you just NEVER know), he will inevitably be captivated by me. The London flight is more reasonable in this scenario- gives him a little more time to fall in love with me. Anyway, I will of course have to let him down gently. Oh Joel, I'm so flattered, really, but I'm happily married, etc. Naturally, I would have to be looking my best (and then some) for this to work out. So- Joel is my reason of the day.

To explore my delusions a bit further, the movie we saw had Julia Roberts in it. Okay, so Julia and I have lots in common (naturally), having three kids- including a set of twins. Um... and she's from the South. Um... Oh! She was married to Lyle Lovett, who is from Spring, which is where I grew up, so I imagine she's been there. See? Like sisters, really. So, as I'm watching, I'm thinking, "Her arms aren't really that skinny. Really, she's a reasonable size. I bet I could get to that size". What a nut job. Whatever the opposite of anorexia is, that's what I have. I can be totally convinced that I'm not heavy- just a few extra pounds, really- until I see a photo of myself, or step on the scale. It's nice to have a rich fantasy life (see previously mentioned Joel McHale scenario), but I need to , as they say, "keep it real". Word.

4 comments:

  1. Keep it real (said in a George Costanza voice)!

    I think you and Julia would totally be BFF in real life anyway, makes sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know what you are talking about. Except the dude that is going to fall in love with me, and I have to say, oh...sweetie, so sorry, I have a love, is Ryan Klesko, former Atlanta Brave, then Padre, now "retired". I like 'em beefy with good facial hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...if that scenario ever happened to me, I always assumed that my charm and wit would make him fall madly in love with me- regardless of how I looked! HA! And I will take Brad Pitt, thankyou, or Harrison Ford (the younger years- I'm watching Star Wars FYI) or Johnny Depp or or George Clooney or Denzel Washington.. I AM a little slutty with my Hollywood men it seems! Don't even get me started on pro athletes! Looks like HP gave up Brett Favre. He was mine anyhoo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Joel McHale, I DO NOT MISS an episode of The Soup, I tape it every week. I used to have a crush on him too then once I saw him bend over and he has a bit of a bald spot on the back and my crush was over...I'm fickle that way.

    ReplyDelete