Friday, April 17, 2009

Reboot

Yay! I haven't been able to get this to work for several days- I do apologize for depriving you. So, after the Easter debacle, I'm coming in at about 181 (total loss 6.5, for the week 2.5). Now, it's Friday (weigh-in is supposed to be Wednesday), and even still, not much progress this week. However, I'm glad to have made any, considering: Ate take-out twice rather than the allotted once, finished off the "extra" Hershey chocolate eggs after putting together Miss E's basket, and then there was the Easter meal itself. Not as bad as it could have been: Ham, salad (okay, potato salad), beans (okay, bbq beans), rolls (bad), and pie(s). My evil mother brought two different pies to tempt me, and I did not stand up to the temptation for even a moment. Okay, so I told her to bring the pies (you know, for everyone else), so I guess I'll let it slide. It would have been rude not to try a little of each, right? Even though she did not, in fact, make them herself? She did thaw them, and I wouldn't want to hurt her feelings.

On the plus side, I have found a new source of exercise: the bike. I'm really having trouble with my knees, so this has helped. Unfortunately, the bike in question is Corbin's. As he is almost a foot taller than me, and, you know, male, it is safe to say that the bike is not so much adjusted for me. The actual riding is okay, but the start involves a kamikaze all-or-nothing approach, the results of which are mixed at best. Stopping is a little easier- I just brake and keel over into the grass. But the middle part is good. Still results in enough sweating and lung burning to convince me that I'm doing something, but cooler (temperature-wise, obviously), and I can actually cover some ground. Although, hurts my vag.

Reason of the day/week: Regret. One of my least favorite things about myself (there are many, as you might imagine) is that I spend way, way too much time on this emotion. For example, because I was a jackass in about 20 different ways, my video camera ran out of batteries literally 20 seconds into Miss E's preschool class recital at open house this week. It was about 4 minutes of extreme cuteness that I can't get back, and I can't. Stop. Thinking. About. It. I have been perseverating all week, whining, losing sleep. I mean, it's over. I can't fix it now, so I just have to get over myself. So, you can imagine the regret I feel about letting myself gain 60 pounds for no good reason. Okay, I'll give myself 10-15 for age and 3 babies, but that's still a lot of ice cream unaccounted for. But, as with the video camera situation, the only thing I can do is move on from here- make sure I do better next time. I hope that I can look back at this year as time that I finally got myself together. So- moving on...

3 comments:

  1. Did none of the other moms tape it? Surely someone did and could burn you a DVD, though it won't be focused on Miss E as it would if you were filming.
    You need to get one of those cushy bike seats. They are so nice. And you don't feel violated when you're done riding. I have a girl bike but still do a kamikaze start because, well, I am a klutz. At least I have a helmet. And health insurance. And no, I don't mountain bike. I treasure my life.
    Way to go on losing weight over Easter! I gained. Not good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for progress in spite of the Easter treats. I way overdid it on treats myself. I mean, someone had to eat all the Pillsbury BakeOff final recipe samples. Geez.
    Sorry about the vag--I second Aunt Bea..I used to LOVE my gel bicycle seat. That sounds kind of creepy, but you know what I mean. And wait, stop! protect your nog, don't leave your house without your helmet on! From Mr. Leebot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6.5 lbs in a month is great!

    Regret is an awful emotion...does't help anything, just keeps you down...I am with you on this.

    ReplyDelete