Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Baby J

Okay, I think my body is staging a coup. I felt like I was under water for most of the day today. Soooo sloooooow. I thought exercising was supposed to make you feel more energetic. I KNEW that was all just propaganda- same thing with the food pyramid- that fat/sugar section is waaay too small. This is probably just my version of detox. I'm used to about 100 grams of sugar before 9:00 AM. And then a continuous feed.

So, guess what's more fun that dieting and exercising? Everything. Everything is more fun- a lot more. I would rather have a dental cleaning- at least you can eat whatever you want an hour afterward. I need to find something I really like to do. Jogging is like workin' on the chain gang. When I was in the best shape was in high school, jumping around like a maniac in the hot sun for 3 hours a day in drill team. Hmm... where can I find a kick line for 35-year-olds? Is jazzercise as ridiculous as it sounds, or has it evolved into a more funky/current thing? If I'm going to pop-and-lock my way into fitness, I want to be sure to look cool doing it. If you're thinking that this seems unlikely, I have some hot 90's footage of me and a hundred other girls rocking "Final Countdown".

Reason of the day: Baby J. He's walking now, which means he'll be running in about 3 minutes. Which also means that Baby G isn't far behind. She's more like me, though. She likes to sit in one spot and let people bring her snacks. So, with the two of them going and Miss E already wearing me out, I need to be in much better shape to keep up with them. I'm sorry to report that my big girl's favorite thing is to be dragged around the yard at top speed in a wagon, but I tell her that I'm "not strong enough" and that she has to wait for her dad. Pathetic. In my defense, though, I would probably have a heart attack, so it's sort of true. Anyway, they deserve a mom who's way more energetic (not to mention more organized, a better cook, etc., etc.).

3 comments:

  1. Oh, baby J! You will be running in no time! Thank goodness you are so cute because you are gonna be trouble with a capital T with all this walking business.
    And um, guess who had three (THREE!) iced Krispy Kreme donuts at work plus 2 iced oatmeal cookies all before 10 am? That is what working in the ER does to you. I'm surprised I didn't get admitted for being in a diabetic coma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, what a sweet picture!
    Sorry running isn't super fun. I only truly like it when I'm trail running.
    I'm really cutting back on the sugar, too. Mostly because I need to get some labwork done and I refuse to be diagnosed as pre-diabetic, which I probably am...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Baby J! What an exciting world awaits you...just make sure you always have Mommy or Daddy in sight!

    Oh boy, Megan! It's a good thing y'all have a nice, big backyard because your kiddos will surely be making a running trail soon.

    ReplyDelete