Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I saw that Corbin pulled a coupon for Shipley donuts out of the valu-pak today. It is sitting on my kitchen island right now. Mere steps away... Discount donuts? As I am notoriously cheap and have a life-long love affair with baked goods, the combination is almost too much to resist. I need to burn it.

What I really need to do is re-think some things. After an okay first week, things have slowed to a crawl. I need to make bigger changes, or I'll never get anywhere with this. I'm thinking maybe Weight Watchers. In nursing school, I seem to remember reading that it's the only program clinically proven to lead to sustainable results. Ugh- I do hate joining things, though. Also, it's clear that biking is less effective than jogging, so I'll have to add that back in. Boo.

Little J has croup, so I did spent some time today with him steamin' it up in the bathroom. They always have saunas at gyms. Is that a weight-loss thing, or just a detox/relax thing? See, I'm thinking my twins could be quite effective weight-loss tools. Already, I carry them up the stairs at least half a dozen times per day. That's over 50 extra pounds, on top of the extra 50 I've already got going. Jeez. No wonder I'm exhausted all the time- and that my knees are grinding down to dust. If only I could get them nursing again. I lost 30 pounds in less than a month after they were born. Hmm... maybe I'll look into wet nursing as a career. Cash and slim thighs? Sign me up!

Reason of the day: Ratted out. So, at Miss E's open house, one of the art projects on display was a rendering of her family, with a little "interview" attached below. Hers reads, "I like to play chase with my mom and dad. We like to go to Target to shop for cookies. We like to go eat at McDonald's and Chik-Fil-A. I love my daddy because he tickles me. I love my mommy because she takes care of my babies. My favorite food mommy makes for me is fried chicken and corn". Okay, there are some cute details there, but overall- what a snitch! I'll admit that we ate fast food way too much right after we moved into the house, but come on. Also- I NEVER cook fried chicken (too time-consuming) or corn (fake non-vegetable). Okay, the Target part is true, but not really something I feel the need to share with the PTA, you know? I guess my girl is keeping me honest, like it or not.

3 comments:

  1. Slow and steady wins the race!

    Mmmmmm, donuts. Now I have a craving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried different weight loss strategies, and diets but so far Weight Watchers has worked better for me than anything else (44 lbs so far). I am loathe to join things too, I have NEVER even joined a gym, but I use the online version and have liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear by WeightWatchers...but ONLINE only.

    When my son was in first grade the kids made collages of their mom...mine said," I love the way you cook and cleana. I love the way you run and jog."

    UMMM. I did neither.

    ReplyDelete