Thursday, April 9, 2009

Lean Cuisine

I submit that it is neither lean nor cuisine. Ugh. I'll never last on this junk. I'm going to have to break down and prepare real foods with actual ingredients. Healthy ones. Dear me. I don't even know where to start. Having grown up on 70s staples like shepherd's pie and chicken pot pie- lots of pies, evidently- I'm sort of at a loss. Also, I suck at cooking. Suggestions? I swear, do not say grilled chicken and steamed vegetables. Why is that always the example?

So, no, I do not have good running shoes. I am wearing whatever jogging shoes were on sale at Kohl's before the babies were born. This might explain why my knees are crying for mercy. Creaking and wheezing with every move. Also- I'm pretty sure I have a DVT. I have a weird, dull, kind of full-ish feeling behind my right knee. That can't be good, right? On the plus side, I don't feel like my lungs are going to explode out of my chest on the first lap.

A jogging hazard for country folk: deer. Every night I see their glowing yellow eyes. Every night there are more of them. They are up to something, I can feel it. When I see them, I move from the street to the sidewalk, as if their complaint might be that I'm not ceding the right-of-way. I may need a better bailout plan.

Reason of the day: Wearing jeans during summer in Texas really, really, really sucks. Of course, there is the option of crops or capris, but I'd like to get in on this Bermuda short trend before micro-minis start popping up again. Sadly, maxi-dresses only look good on waifs (see Jessica Simpson).

So, Scott is(was) the blind guy on American Idol. And I'm sorry, but he only made it this far because he's blind. No question. Moreover, he chose to sing "The Search is Over" (Survivor). And I quote, "Now I look into your eyes, I can see forever...". I can't help it. That is just wrong all over the place. I know, I SAID I was going to burn. He was kind of a sassy britches anyway, so whatev.

3 comments:

  1. HATE the maxi dresses (on me of course- they look good on waifs with big boobs and I am neither). Something quick, but not necessarily cheap, are those veggie steamers. Pop them in the microwave for 7 minutes and voila, yummy lo-cal vegetables (even with the cheese sauce). Pair it with whatever protein you have- we do a lot of baked fish (frozen from Sam's), chicken (baked, grilled, broiled, slow cooker, whatever), and sausage. Add salad in a bag and some fruit for a healthy dessert. Ta da! Quick dinner or lunch.
    I do like to cook and don't mind sharing those recipes, but I'm gonna need a bigger comment section.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do a lot of "salads"...with grilled or even sometimes fried chicken, taco themed salads, etc. Whole wheat pasta is another favorite around these parts, we bulk it up with tons of sauteed veggies...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We also do a lot of pasta with sauce and eggplant...Subway veggie sandwiches, garden burgers on light english muffins, salads with grilled chicken...It is hard. I ate Lean Cuisine for about 6 months EVERY day at work. I am so sick of it I can't eat it anymore.

    ReplyDelete