Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Week One Wrap-Up

Say that 10 times fast. So, although I didn't get my scale working until Friday, I started this on Wednesday, so I'll stick with that for a weekly update. I'm currently at 183.5, which is 4 pounds lost. Sweet! I can just do this for about 12 weeks and be at my goal weight. Should I plan a bikini-based vacation for August? Oh, settle down. I know how this works, folks. Seriously portly people such as myself can drop a few pretty easy in the beginning, and as you get closer to goal, each pound hangs on like grim death. I'm actually at 182, but only in the early morning, before I eat anything, so forget that. It's a nice wake-up, though. Oh, how sad. Nice? 182?

So, I find that jogging is less like cruel and unusual punishment with an ipod. I had lost my good one a while back, and Corbin got me a shuffle for Christmas- best not to trust me with fancy gadgetry. Let's face it- I don't even know how to text. Anyway, the experience is more tolerable without having to listen to my wheezing and stomping. Last time I lost weight, I was working out at the YMCA, and watching TV helped to pass the cardio time, but they always had the food network on. WTF? That is sooo not helpful.

Okay, I have to confess that I had a Pria bar between lunch and dinner today. I know that I swore off eating between meals, but it is too long sometimes. Especially with two boogery (and therefore pissy) kids. Luckily, my babies mash everything they eat into a revolting pulp, so I'm not tempted to steal their leftovers, like Bea. Moreover- I am totally not tempted by Kashi crackers and craisins. If they were having donuts and coffee, I'd be all over it. On a more positive note, I did not get any Easter chocolate for myself. Well, not since Wednesday. I've been eating Easter M&Ms since they hit the shelves, but I'm going to have to kick this habit cold-turkey.

And I'm just going to say it. I'm glad that Scott got voted off. I may burn for it, but he was making me CRAZY.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know who Scott is? But I'm glad he got kicked off too, he sounds like he deserved it.

    It's funny--I've never run to music. Mostly because I don't have any fancy gadgets either. Lee has two Ipods but they're full of Mr. Leebot backing tracks and I doubt seriously these would be good running tunes...

    I'm glad you did get some Easter candy in before this...I'd be cryin' without my Cadbury eggs. Hooray for 4 pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOO-HOO! 4 lbs! That is great!

    I like running with my ipod, but sometimes it is nice to just have quiet too. And I have sworn off Easter candy this year. But not Easter dessert, just candy. Does this mean I can have it after Easter when it is all on sale? This is how my mind thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listening to music on my ipod motivates me too. No Laurie Berkner! I love her for the kids but not for working out. The only time I listen to my ipod is when I'm working out, so I'm picky about which songs go on it and they have to be upbeat. When I first started working out, instead of giving myself a time limit, I exercised for five songs before my cool down. It helped to not stare at the clock the whole time thinking about what else I needed to be doing. What songs are on your ipod? Make a special workout playlist and you'll really start looking forward to working out so you can hear those songs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An ipod is a MUST for running. I would change out the music on your shuffle often so that you don't get bored with what's on there. Annnd, you could say ok, when I reach x target weight, I will reward myself with a bigger ipod with more memory. I know, brimming with ideas I am.

    Also, have you gotten a really good pair of running shoes? That is super important, especially now that we are... more ma-toor. Running is a lot easier (and safer on the body) with the right shoes.

    I would be tempted by Kashi crackers. What's wrong with you?

    ReplyDelete