Friday, April 24, 2009

Weigh-in

Well, I'm at 178.5 in the morning, and still 181 at night. Split the difference? Either way, not much action this week, and no wonder. I had a great brunch with Ashley and Bea, but I am physically unable to resist Kerbey Lane pancakes. Just can't stop myself. Also, I had either a stomach bug or mild food poisoning earlier this week, which didn't prevent my eating as much as you might think, but I certainly had no desire to mount a bike. Ugh.

Okay, so I've decided that I need a celebrity role-model to use as a goal. Whatever, you know you all have that celebrity that you think you are most like. When I was a little girl, people (well, my mother) used to say Brooke Shields- we both have unruly eyebrows and the buck stops there. When I was a tweener, Jennifer Connolly was like my twin! My sister Suzanne claimed Michelle Pfeiffer, which I agreed with, but only in her death scene in Dangerous Liaisons. Ah, the bosom of sisterly love. In fairness, when I was a teenager, my entire family decided my new celeb look-alike was Buster Poindexter (of "Hot, Hot, Hot" fame). Makes you want to join us for Christmas dinner, am I right? Anyway, if I'm being realistic, Kirsty Alley is probably my go-to girl. Kathy Najimy? Okay, but I need ideas for my goal-celeb-body. And let's be realistic. Paris Hilton need not apply (for oh so many reasons- skank). You'd think with my subscription to US weekly, I'd have this covered. Hmmm...

6 comments:

  1. Sandra Bullock? Julia Roberts? Giada de Laurentiis? Jennifer Connolly? Catherine Zeta-Jones? Tina Fey? Salma Hayek? Julia Louis-Dreyfus? Ashley Judd? Pam from the Office?
    Just brainstorming. I will have to think on it, but off-hand those are some brunettes that aren't anorexic or skanky or has had plastic surgery or having anything to with Scientology (Katie Holmes or Penelope Cruz) in their twenties (because, hello!, when we were younger we did have those bodies!).
    I am still thinking....

    ReplyDelete
  2. And hooray on the weight loss! Even after pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You saw my slab 'o butter that I put on mine...so don't feel too bad about the pancakes! I say: look back over your week and if 80% of the time you made pretty good choices then that equals success. And if it makes you feel any better I scarfed down two of those cupcakes I was telling you guys about after dinner tonight.

    I vote Tina Fey, just because she rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I NEVER weight myself at night...only in the mornings BEFORE I eat breakfast...I like to pretend that is the real number and it makes me happy.

    I like Salma Hayek (sp?) body, although I'm sure I'm not going to look like her since I'm short and not Hispanic. BUT people were calling HER fat...you just can't win.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, the above comment is from me, I can't seem to keep my accounts staight....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with Tracy/Penny. I weigh myself after the bathroom, before breakfast first thing. That is the ONLY one that counts!!!

    Yay for weight loss!

    ReplyDelete