Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cabin Fever

So, Corbin already knows he has to work late tonight (1), and (2) all 3 kids have miserable colds, and (3) it's rainy and cold outside. So, we can't go anywhere, can't go outside, everyone is pissy, and my reinforcements are delayed. Aaaargh! I knew yesterday it was going to be like this, so I planned ahead, but little J won't let me put him down, which is throwing a wrench into everything. And the attitude from Miss E... where's a good paddle when you need one? One thing she was really excited about (well, that makes one of us) was that I had an exercise DVD ready to go on my computer to do during baby naps. Well... after giving me an enthusiastic thumbs up during the intro, things quickly deteriorated. "You're so mean... I don't want to exercise with you in here... no, it's NOT like ballet, this is EXERCISE... I'm just going to leave... stop looking at me..." and etc. Really, a constant stream of abuse. Needless to say, baby J was rudely awakened 1 hour into his nap. That should help with the flow of the day.

However, the 10 minutes of the DVD that I got to do looked really mild, but sort of kicked my ass. You pretty much never put your arms down at your sides, which is sooo hard for me. It's from Self. I'll have to see if I can get through it later. Looks good. Not too cheesy. Also, it's already 3:00, and I still have 12 points to go! I wonder how many a snickers is?

4 comments:

  1. Might I suggest popping in a little Mr. Leebot's "Bouncing Off the Walls" for a rainy day inside dance party?

    I'm just sayin'.

    How many points are spaghetti squash? I'm just curious, since you have a big points book/list. I could eat it almost every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zero. Most veggies are zero or one, and many fruits are pretty low also. So... squash away! Now, my question is- does it hold up like real pasta? For example, could I twirl it on my fork? Could Corbin and I eat a long strand and meet in the middle for a romantic smooch? These criteria are important to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're retarded. Your comment on long spaghetti cracked me up.

    Miss A personally likes the 30 Day Shred. The jump rope and jumping jacks and acting like you're hitting things whereas BE just says "No!" for the first 10 minutes and tries to sabotage the workout by clinging to me or jumping on my back. Sigh. It is hard to work out with them. The good thing is after awhile you can memorize the routine and time them so you can do it watching Yo Gabba Gabba.

    Tomorrow is supposed to be nice so YAY! Run amok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA HA HA, Bea said retarded...

    The spaghetti squash actually looks like spaghetti and I like mine with a little butter and salt and pepper.

    ReplyDelete