Friday, February 5, 2010

Shake It

Here's a little somethin' I hadn't given any thought to: Fat people + jumping jacks = very bad things. Or a comedy routine, depending. Oh, man. I jiggled in places I didn't even know I had. Grrrross. I also, inexplicably, started that workout without a bra on (we were having a pajama day, so...). Not a mistake I will make again. Honestly- what could I have been thinking? Maybe I'll just power walk until things are bit more under control.

I know already that I went over my points today, because we had family over for BBQ. I just don't have the heart to go through it and figure out the points tonight. Blah, blah, blah... 50 points, yeah- I get it. I didn't go totally hog wild, but did I eat mac and cheese? Of course.

Penny, I'm with you on the yoga resolution. It feels good and is good for you- not too many things in that category. I used to do hot yoga (no, really, I was once a fit girl!), and I always felt afterward like I was going to die, but was too limber and relaxed to be upset about it. Perfect. The only thing I don't like is the vile hot tea they foist on you afterward. Barf. Just what I wanted after sweating out 47 pounds- a nice toasty beverage.

Okay, so, weekend plans: 1) Find and purchase reasonably current and stylish winter coat (at a deep discount), because every coat I own is either revolting or cast off from family (or both). Also, they are mostly too small, which results in a Chris Farley-esque Fat Man in a Little Coat scenario. 2) Check out them crazy Reebok shoes. I have a feeling that I will spend much time falling on my ass. See, I have NO CORE. Ripped to shreds by 12 pounds of baby, and still hanging out in a flabby diastasis. Bea- I will never, NEVER post pics of my belly. I can barely look at it. I've seen yours lots o' times though, and I would be quite proud if I were you. Post away!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the compliment but they're not what you think though as my love of Spanx has you fooled. It is just ugly. What was worse was having J take the photo then zoom in on certain parts exclaiming loudly, "UGH! Look at THAT! And THAT! What is THAT?". Such love and support.

    Lemme know about those Reeboks. The Sketchers shoes don't do anything.

    And I am glad I'm not the only one that thinks yoga is too expensive. I asked a blogger for yoga DVD recommendations and she said they were all crappy basically. I'm too cheap to even do WW online. Well, maybe because I hate keeping a food diary so I'm not going to PAY someone to torture me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck coat shopping--I love shopping for coats!

    I am finding that I LOVE yoga. I didn't know this until doing it consistently--well OK three weeks in a row--but the mister and I go to class together and it's quite nice. And free, so there you go.

    Is it really bad that I'm reading this whilst eating raw sugar cookie dough from the pan? It's been that kind of a week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really would love to do Yoga and I will at some point this year, but HOT DAMN why is it so expensive?

    And I hear you on the jumping jacks when I can FEEL my thighs moving it is just gross.

    ReplyDelete