Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Out of the mouths of babes

Miss E spent time today admiring my considerable muffin top. Loaf top? Cake top? Whatever. She said something about how big and super-great it was. Well. Big, certainly, but I have to disagree about the greatness aspect. I cannot WAIT to have the thing lopped off. Just as soon as I lose 50 pounds. Any day now!

So, I'm over on points today (2.5), and I could have made it, had I just turned down that extra piece of french bread. Well, I'll figure it out. Like it's a mystery. Also, I'm hungry all the time, because I insist on eating what I like, just in baby portions. It MIGHT be worth considering actually eating something worthwhile.

In the plus column, I had the chance to organize my bathroom cabinets today, which pleased me inordinately. Really, I get WAY too much satisfaction out of these things. Must get a life. Also, Baby G is sooo into the Glee soundtrack, which she sings all day long, and also commands performances from others. It's my new favorite thing.

Okay, well, the nightly dance party is in full swing. Wonder if I can get exercise points for this?

4 comments:

  1. You're too funny, and so is Miss E.

    Might I suggest spaghetti squash? It is an awesome substitute for real pasta and has only 40 calories a cup, and is a veggie (non starchy too!) and is freakin' delish. It's what I had for dinner, actually.

    You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I "save" my daily calories up for adult drinks and dinner. Today was not so hot. But it tasted soooo good. Having two tall vodka & diet cokes (DIET!) was not helpful. Neither was the peach cobbler. Whatever.

    J has somehow brainwashed the girls into thinking his muffin top (because he has one!) is actually a six pack. But they say my stomach is "just like my tummy, Mommy!" which means it sticks out as they still have toddler tummies. 'Cept I'm NOT a toddler. I am really considering posting some very unflattering photos of the stomach fat. Not brave enough yet. Thank goodness for SPANX!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Spaghetti squash too and I like to eat A LOT (quantity wise) so I typically eat things I can eat lots of, like spaghetti squash, or the 100 calorie bags of popcorn. I get the 100 calorie Vita Muffins and eat those in the AM and try to eat a small lunch so I can save most of my points for dinner (that is when I'm hungriest) I also try to jog atleast 4X a week to get the activity points so I can eat more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny recommended the popcorn to me and it is AWESOME! Half a bag of the 94% fat free is 75 calories! That is awesome and you get full enough to make it to dinner.

    ReplyDelete