Monday, February 22, 2010

Lent

Okay, I've decided to give up freaking out for Lent. I realize that this is not something I can totally control, but I can make a serious effort to tone it WAY down. It's not helping little J, and it's definitely not helping me. So, I doubt I'll be freak-free for an entire month, but I'm going to try.

I've been procrastinating about making the call to set the appointment with the neuropsychologist, but I'm going to do it when I finish this post. Gotta just dive in- what choice to we have? At this point, I'm hoping for: 1- no diagnosis, 2- Asperger's, or 3- mild autism (in that order). It's weird, the things you can hope for in these situations. A new normal sets in so fast. Also, did you hear about this: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/02/100216221350.htm
So, I'm thinking- okay, we might be able to treat the social aspect, and if he's otherwise mildly affected, he can be a happy, healthy kid. Okay, see there? Time to dial down the crazy.

In fat news, I'm at the same weight as last Monday. However, given the stress of the past week (stress = cramming sugar in my face), and considering that it is my special lady time, I plan to be back on track this week. We're having a cold snap this week (so annoying- ready for spring), but I really look forward to walking. I'm on the old school "fresh air fixes everything" bandwagon, and my head could use some serious cleaning out. Not to mention cleaning the junk out of my trunk.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't get to check out the link, but I'm glad it's encouraging. I like your list, too. I will hope and pray for 1, but also know that 2 and 3 are completely and 100% do-able. You're a great mother and really, if he's going to need any 'extra' mothering to get through this, well, he couldn't have asked for a better one.
    Hang in there, and yes, sometimes fresh air does fix everything. If you ever have a spare minute, meet me for a long walk around Town Lake, or Lake Travis, or really anywhere... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep us posted about the appointment. That's an awesome goal to hae for Lent, but so hard sometimes especially when it's your little guy you're worried about. I am all about hoping for all those things too. Enjoy the nice weather today and take the walk. Maybe tomorrow do it inside as your Mii? I'm ready for spring too already. We live in Texas. Bring ON the heat already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I moved to Alabama from NJ and dammit I want to be warm already, I thought that is what the South was all about.

    I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for your boy, I hope for only the best. Keep us updated.

    OH and not GAINING weight while all this is going on is HUGE so congrats on that!

    ReplyDelete