Sunday, February 14, 2010

Pretty Boring, Honestly

So, tomorrow is weigh-in. Eek! I already know to set my expectations low, because I splurged a bit on Saturday (our Valentine date). My meal was reasonable (grilled chicken and steamed veggies- yawn- such a cliche). But, we had a fatty appetizer and a fatty dessert. And I wasted 7 precious points on a very mediocre margarita. Wine is 2, and a much safer bet, quality-wise. God, I'm soooo boring, talking about points all the time. Last thing- I've been under on points for the rest of the week, so I hope that counts for something. Otherwise, it's back to the brownies. I ain't doing this for nothing.

The wii active is pretty good. At first, I chose the fatty avatar (certainly the most fitting), but as I have to watch her from behind all the time, it was too depressing, and I went for the second-to-fattiest one. Basically, it's the 30 day challenge from that Oprah workout guy. Today was ALL lunges and squats. I may never walk again. Still, it worked for Oprah! Look at her, she's in the best shape of her... oh, wait. Hmmm...

Corbin got me a schmancy new iPod for Valentine's Day. Sure blows my shuffle out of the water! I'm hoping for some (at least) mild weather so I can get going with it. Still need my wobbly shoes too. One of the things I got him was a big gift bag full of peanut m&ms (his fav) which is now pulsing away in the kitchen, like the tell tale heart. He needs to get that thing out of the house.

I feel like I have a few too many things going on right now that I'm keeping to myself, and I've started biting my nails again (which I quit in the 10th grade). I'm not sleeping the best, and I hope that- well, I don't know what I hope. That everything will just turn out fine/go away. I have the sensation of only just keeping the lid on my hysteria. Really should find a yoga class (like that would fix everything). A couple of question marks could potentially be answered this week, so here's hoping.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope all is well. We're in the same boat- everything is crazy, busy, and I feel like I am treading water to keep afloat.

    That's good about the Wii Active. I still need to decide what I am going to get because I am gonna kill someone if I have to do another 30 Day Shred. I was also looking into the P90X, but that makes me laugh as it would be impossible to do!

    Tell him to get the M&Ms out of the house and to get you a better margarita!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess everyone is having a tough time. I can't even talk about everything going on with my family and being pulled in one zillion different directions...money woes...my upcoming trip and exam...work issues... oh wait, I just talked about them.
    I hope you get the answers you are hoping for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hear you. Things are just crazy at our house and I constantly feel like IAMTHISCLOSE to losing my mind.

    I can't have candy in the house or I think of it all.the.time (I love the analagy of the Tell Tale Heart) and obsess about it and basically make myself crazy. I always make my husband take his candy/treats to work with him.

    ReplyDelete