Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 2: grumble-grumble

Okay, well... today was better. I have to say that I am hungry, though. You don't say. However, I am pleased to announce that I had one leftover point today, so that's good, I guess. I seriously need to build some activity into my day, though. And I would like to know... where on the points list is real-life running after kids? I am often sweating by the time I wrangle them all into clean diapers/panties and clothes for the day. Well, maybe that's more indicative of my out-of-shapeness.

I need to find some bloggy support from other fatties like me (not that I don't appreciate the comments from my skinny minis!). Not even sure how to do that, really. I also need to spend much less time watching the food network at night. Very bad things can happen after watching Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives. Many deep-fried items with bacon and such.

So, my husband is bummed about the lack of sugary snack foods in our house at present (usually, there is much crap to be found). The thing is, I am the one who eats it. He'll eat like one serving or whatever, and then wonder why there isn't any more 4 days later. Well, duh- I didn't get this fat by NOT snarfing down every edible item in the pantry. He is annoyingly slender. 6'3", and I probably weigh more than him (God, I hope not). I tend to think of him as eating whatever he wants, but that's not really true. He skips breakfast, eats a Healthy Choice meal for lunch, and then whatever he wants for dinner. So, while I would not advise this plan as a quasi-nurse, I guess it gets results.

Told Miss E that she's in charge of counting my sit-ups every day while the babies nap. Surely if I leave my fitness in the hands of a preschooler, good things will happen. Anyway... so far, so good, I guess.

2 comments:

  1. Your husband is much nicer than mine. He managed to wolf down 1/3 of the peach cobbler (pan) while I had my measly 1/4 cup and all he said in response was, "Be strong. (chomp, chomp) Want me to tell you it tastes awful? (chomp, chomp)." Ugh.

    As far as support- I like Hotch Potch (on a temporary hiatus) and Penny In Exile. They keep me motivated. And HP uses WW points too. Destination Athlete also has a long list of fitness bloggers- I lurk on their sites too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been doing Weight Watchers for almost two years now. It helped me lose 60 lbs! I still would like to lose another 10, but I haven't been sticking to my points lately. I think I needed a break.

    My husband is the same way. If we have chips or candy I eat ALL of it in a day or two, he could keep a bag of candy for WEEKS and have maybe one a day...it is maddening! I also weighed more than him for most of our married life (except the last year or so!).

    ReplyDelete